Product support & information
Ninja® Foodi® 8-qt. 9-in-1 Deluxe XL Pressure Cooker & Air Fryer
FD402, FD401, FD401C
The time to build pressure can take up to 20 minutes. The amount of time varies based on the selected pressure, current temperature of the cooking pot, and temperature and quantity of the ingredients.
Check to make sure the silicone ring is fully seated and flush against the lid. If installed correctly, you should be able to tug lightly on the ring to rotate it.
Check that the pressure lid is fully locked and the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position when pressure cooking.
If you want to shorten the time it takes the unit to build pressure, use hot liquid.
Use ONLY if your recipe calls for it. When pressure cooking is complete and the KEEP WARM light comes on, turn the pressure release valve to the VENT position to release the steam from the pressure release valve. Be careful and do not place your hand over the vent as it releases steam. Steam release will be accompanied by an audible hiss. Some steam will remain in the unit after pressure release and will escape when the lid is opened. Lift and tilt the pressure lid away from you, making sure no condensation drips into the cooker base.
Natural Pressure Release:
When pressure cooking is complete, pressure will naturally release from the unit as it cools down. This can take up to 20 minutes or more, depending on the amount of liquid and food in the pot. During this time, the unit will switch to Keep Warm mode. Press the KEEP WARM button if you would like to turn Keep Warm mode off. When natural pressure release is complete, the float valve will drop down.
If the pressure release valve is not attached to the pressure lid, simply place the valve on the silver post in the middle of the circular indent on the lid and press down firmly. Note that while the valve will be loose-fitting, it will be securely attached to the unit.
- Use the Deluxe Reversible Rack in the low position when using the Bake/Roast and Steam functions.
- Use the Deluxe Reversible Rack in the high position when using the Broil function.
- Use the Deluxe Layer with the Deluxe Reversible Rack to increase cooking capacity or for dehydrating.
TIP: When air crisping 2 layers, allow 5–15 minutes for the lower layer to crisp before adding the Deluxe Layer.
- First make sure the unit displays YGRT on the left side of the screen before beginning.
- Be sure your starter contains live cultures and use full-fat milk for best results. Do not use flavored yogurt or yogurt with additional additives as your starting culture.
- Incubate for longer periods for a thicker yogurt consistency. Greek yogurt typically takes about 12 hours to ferment.
- After making yogurt, add desired flavor and refrigerate to cool.