Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Skewers
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 4-in-1 Indoor Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer Model #: AG300
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 box classic white cake mix
- 1 cup premade vanilla pudding (optional)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups strawberries, cut in half, stems removed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 skewers
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Mix cake batter according to the instructions on the box (if desired, substitute the 1 cup of water with 1 cup premade vanilla pudding for a cake that is denser and better able to stand up to high-temperature grilling).
- Remove grill grate from unit and close hood. Select BAKE, set temperature to 325°F, and set time to 40 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While the unit is preheating, liberally coat the Ninja® multi-purpose pan* (or an 8-inch baking pan) with cooking spray. Pour batter into the pan.
- When the unit has beeps to signify it has preheated, place the pan in the pot. Close hood and cook for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries in a mixing bowl and toss them with sugar until well coated. Let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then add honey and mix well to coat. Set strawberries aside.
- When cooking is complete, allow the cake to cool for 15 to 20 minutes, then remove it from the pan and use a serrated knife to cut it into 2" x 2" cubes. Assemble the skewers alternating between cake cubes and strawberries. Reserve the liquid from the strawberries.
- Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to HIGH, and set time to 6 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While the unit is preheating, spray each skewer with cooking spray.
- When the unit has beeps to signify it has preheated, place skewers on the grill grate. Close hood and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, flip skewers over, close hood, and cook for 3 more minutes.
- When cooking is complete, transfer skewers to a serving plate. Spoon strawberry liquid over the top and serve with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream.
*The Ninja multi-purpose pan is sold separately on ninjaaccessories.com.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Substitute melon or pineapple for the strawberries in step 5.