Sausage & Pepper Grinders
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ Pro 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Integrated Smart Probe, 4-Quart Air Fryer Model #: AG400
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 bell peppers, cut in quarters, seeds and ribs removed
- 1 white onion, peeled, sliced in 1-inch rings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 6 raw sausages (4 ounces each), like hot Italian or Bratwurst
- 6 hot dog buns
- Condiments, as desired
- Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL, set temperature to LOW, and set time to 26 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, toss bell peppers and onions with oil, salt, and black pepper.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place peppers and onions on the grill grate. Close hood and cook for 12 minutes without flipping.
- After 12 minutes, transfer peppers and onions to a medium mixing bowl. Place sausages on grill grate; close hood and cook for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, flip sausages. Close hood and cook for 6 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently break up the grilled onions into individual rings and mix them with the peppers.
- After 6 minutes, remove sausages from grill grate. Place the buns, cut-side down, on the grill grate. Close hood and cook for the remaining 2 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, spread any desired condiments on the buns, then place sausages in buns. Top each liberally with peppers and onions and serve.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
To make this recipe Keto-friendly, serve without buns.