Viewing recipe for
Ninja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
Parts & accessories for your product
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, cut in pieces, plus more for greasing
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 package (1 1/8 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup plus 3 1/2 tablespoons warm water, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Foodi™ Quick Start Guide
- Place milk into the pot. Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Bring to a gentle simmer, then press the START/STOP button to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ.
- Remove pot from unit, stir in the butter and sugar, and let cool until below 110°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together yeast and 1/4 cup warm water. Let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Once milk mixture is cooled, add 2 eggs, yeast mixture, salt, and 1 1/2 cups flour to a mixer fitted with a dough attachment. Mix until a smooth paste has formed. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until a smooth ball forms. Add additional flour, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, if dough appears too sticky.
- Remove dough from the bowl and knead by hand on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Wipe out the pot, then lightly grease it with butter. Place kneaded dough in pot. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place, until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Punch down the dough, then divide evenly into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a small ball and place in a greased Ninja® multi-purpose pan* (or an 8-inch baking pan). Rolls should be touching with visible gaps in between.
- Beat remaining egg with 1 teaspoon water. Gently brush tops of rolls with egg wash. Add 3 tablespoons water to the pot. Place pan on the reversible rack, making sure rack is in the lower position. Then place rack with pan in pot.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to LO. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook for 5 minutes, then press the START/STOP button to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ. Allow rolls to rise for another 15 minutes in the warm pot.
- Remove rack and pan from pot. Close crisping lid. Preheat the unit by selecting BAKE/ROAST, setting the temperature to 325°F, and setting the time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 5 minutes, place rack with pan in pot. Sprinkle rolls with coarse sea salt, then close lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 325°F, and set time to 25 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, allow the rolls to cool, then pull apart and serve.
Find My Model Number
1. Check your box
On the bottom of your box, you should see the model number near the bar code.
2. Check your base
The base of the blender (where the motor is) should have a rating label that features your model number.
3. Check your manual
Your product's model number is listed on the front cover of your instruction booklet.
Blending & Cooking
Ninja Coffee Bar®
Date code is engraved on the metal prong of the power plug.
NOTE: Power off unit before unplugging from outlet.